Brewer – Breton Brewing Co.
Breton Brewing Co. is an award-winning brewery situated on the majestic East Coast of Canada in Nova Scotia. Nova Scotia’s craft beer scene is amongst the very best in Canada and is continually pushing the boundaries of craft beer.
Breton Brewing Co. is seeking a passionate, quality focused, team oriented and technically gifted brewer to add to our amazing team! We are a production brewery with seven mainstay styles and several seasonal releases. The brewery is equipped with a custom built 15bbl brewhouse, a lab, a bottler and rotary canning system.
Our brewers are responsible for the day to day brewing operations and maintenance including receipt of raw materials, cellaring, yeast handling, combining of recipe ingredients through to cellaring in preparation for smooth packaging delivery. While there is intense creativity in every beer we produce, our brewers adhere to recipes and SOPs to achieve the quality and consistency of taste and experience for our customers.
The ideal candidate should be interested in growing with Breton Brewing Co. while offering insight and creativity and completing special projects to help the company thrive for years to come.
- Execute the entire brewing process
- Follow SOPs
- Cleaning fermenters, bright tanks, and brewing system
- Cleaning kegs
- QA & QC Testing
- Recording and reporting brewing/cellaring data
- Adhere to quality and safety standards
- Yeast management
- Dry hopping
- Help out canning team
- Package beer (cans, kegs, bottles)
- Time management
- Hard working
- Meticulous cleaner
- Team player
- Ability to Multitask
- Problem solving
- Mechanically inclined
- Flexible schedule
The successful candidate for this role should have formal training at an accredited brewing school. Must be able to lift 55 pounds, twist/turn, reach over shoulders, bend/stoop and stand/walk on a continual basis. Appreciation of craft beer and enthusiasm for the craft industry as a whole is also pretty important to us
Breton Brewing Co. offers competitive compensation including bonus potential, a fabulous health care package to include health/dental, staff retreats and festival opportunities and an amazing family work culture.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please contact our co-founder Andrew Morrow by email (email@example.com). We look forward to hearing from you!
Start date: As soon as possible
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Brewery Location – About Cape Breton
Cape Breton is a large island located north of the Nova Scotia mainland and east of Prince Edward Island. Breton Brewing is located in the largest city on the island, Sydney, and is just a short drive away from the most amazing experiences anywhere in the world.
- Embrace Winter – Rise above the temperature. – cbisland.com/winter/
- The Cabot Trail – Rising from the sea clinging to mountains, the Cabot Trail is a winding staircase that will take you from majestic ocean vistas to quiet fishing villages. Plan several days to experience the journey of a lifetime on one of the world’s most scenic drives. – www.cbisland.com/cabot-trail/
- Fortress of Louisbourg National Historic Site – Travel through time at the Fortress of Louisbourg, the largest historical reconstruction of its kind in North America. Walk the streets where world powers fought for control of a continent. – cbisland.com/louisbourg/
- Hiking – Cape Breton Island is a hikers’ paradise with 60+ trails that will take you to amazing Highland landscapes, pristine waterfalls or along our beautiful coastline. – cbisland.com/hiking/
- Culinary – Cape Breton is home to some of the best shellfish in the world. From ship to shore to chef, our bounty of fresh seafood awaits you! — cbisland.com/culinary/
- Living Cultures – One of the first multi-cultural societies in North America. Where ancestry is treasured and deep and alive in the roots of the communities. Cape Breton Island, also called Unama’ki, is in Mi’kma’ki, the ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi’kmaq people. – cbisland.com/living-cultures/
- Coastal Adventures – Leave your footprints on our shores…They will be welcomed by gentle waters and rolling surf. Anticipate larger than life encounters. – cbisland.com/coastal-adventures/
- Ceilidhs & Kitchen Parties – Ever wonder how many people and instruments you can squeeze into a kitchen? The rhythm of life here is defined by such gatherings. Feel its pulse during a square dance as you step to the jigs and rollicking reels. – cbisland.com/ceilidhs-kitchen-parties/
- Camping – Nestled into wooded havens or perched on shore-lined hilltops, enjoy one of our five thousand star accommodations. On your island adventure fall asleep to nature’s night symphony and wake up to a chorus of bird song. Choose to sleep under the open sky. – cbisland.com/camping/
- Golf – Golf was invented for places like this. Tee off across our Island’s many courses, designed to complement stunning terrain surrounded by sweeping cliffs and majestic ocean views. – golfcapebreton.com
- Boating – Chart a course on The Bras d’Or Lake, a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve and Canada’s largest in-land sea. – cbisland.com/boating/
- Artisans & Craft – Intention and heart goes into the many offerings Cape Breton’s artisans create. Leather, glass, wood and clay are just a few of the mediums used to craft unique pieces that speak to the landscape and people from which they are born. – cbisland.com/artisans-craft/
- Culture & Heritage – Our island resonates with voices of generations before us. We hold our traditions close and it’s a tradition to share what we have with our visitors. – cbisland.com/culture-heritage/
Breton Brewing Co. – Magic Happens On This Little Island!